Complete Roof Replacement
GET A FREE ROOF QUOTE
General information that is useful to keep in mind:
- It is recommended that homeowners speak with the roofing contractor regarding pets to see if they need to be locked up
- Take appropriate actions to safeguard any valuable items in the garden such as statues and planters
- Ensure that gates are kept open for the roofing contractors or request that they always close them
- If homeowners have certain requests, such as asking the roofing contractors not to use their restroom, then make sure the person in charge is aware of the requests
About one to three days after the roof has been installed, homeowners can expect:
- The dumpster to be picked up
- A representative from the roofing contractor might schedule a time to complete a general overview and collect the final payment
- Legacy Exteriors will register the homeowner’s warranty directly with Owens Corning Roofing
What to Expect Before, During, and After the Replacement
A few days or a week prior to the new roof being installed, homeowners can expect the following:
- A dumpster might be brought to the home one or two days before the project begins
- A second dumpster might be delivered if the roofing contractor is recycling the old shingles
- The new asphalt shingles will be delivered a few days prior to the start of the installation, being placed either on the roof or in the driveway
On the final day of the installation, homeowners can expect the following:
- It only makes sense that the warranty for each type of shingle is The roofing contractor will do a final walk-through with the homeowner which is the time to make sure they did everything they guaranteed they would do
- Usually, the roofing contractor will clean up the loose nails and other debris in the yard
Tips from the Pros
- Homeowners should ask the roofing contractor when the dumpster will arrive so they can move vehicles and ensure someone is home
- Ask the roofing contractor if they are covering flowers or shrubs. If not, it is recommended that homeowners do it themselves
- Homeowners should talk about the cleanup process before the project begins. If it does not meet their expectations, they need to ask the roofing contractor to do another sweep for nails and debris
- Before signing the contract, homeowners need to understand the warranty they will be receiving and who will be responsible for registering it
Legacy Exteriors is here to help every homeowner understand the process of a complete roof replacement. We always keep communication lines open to ensure the job is being done correctly and if there are any issues along the way. Legacy Exteriors is a preferred contractor of Owens Corning Roofing and provides high-quality roofing shingles. When purchasing Owens Corning Roofing shingles, homeowners can relax knowing Owens Corning’s promise of quality is a top priority. Contact Legacy Exteriors today at (636) 206-6718 to learn more about roof replacements and the beauty we can provide any home!
Does the contractor have to have a license and insurance?
What are the details of the roofing warranty?
How do I know I need a new roof?
There are many signs that indicate you need a new roof. Here are a few common signs:
- Cracked, damaged, curled, loose, or missing shingles
- Damage or discoloration around vents
- Missing granules
- Moss or algae growth
- Damage around chimneys or skylights
- Sagging roof
- Water damage in the upstairs or attic
Even if you’re not sure if you need a new roof but believe you may have damage give us a call. We will come out for a free inspection to assess and allow you to make a more informed decision.
How do I know what type of roofing shingles are best for my roof and budget?
The best type of roofing shingles should be durable, long-lasting, and visually appealing. They need to also provide protection from wind, rain, snow, and hail. Legacy Exteriors is an Owens Corning preferred contractor meaning we only install the very best products in the industry. We will work together with you to choose a shingle color you’re drawn to, while informing you on quality differences.
My roof leaks, do I need to totally replace it?
A total roof replacement will depend on the age and condition of the current roof. Some factors to consider when thinking about a replacement vs. repair are:
- Age of the roof
- How bad the leaks are
- The amount of damage the roof has sustained
- Material of the current roof
- Whether the insurance company will cover it under a storm or other casualty
Legacy Exteriors works with insurance companies every day. We want to work together to inspect the roof and provide you with pictures of affected areas to discuss if the home qualifies for a roof insurance claim. Our roofing experts will act on your behalf, if you would like, to meet your insurance adjustor and discuss the damages. We want what is best for you! A new roof covered by insurance is always great for a homeowner, but if the roof simply needs a small repair we can advise and partner with you for that as well.
How long can I expect my new roof to last?
While properly installed high-quality Owens Corning architectural asphalt roofing shingles should last up to 30 years, your roof is the first line of defense against our Midwest weather. Storms which include high winds, hail, and ice can affect the lifespan and cause damage at any time. This is why we are passionate about free estimates – to inform you about your roof’s health and allow you to make an educated decision.
What are the steps of a roof replacement?
The process of submitting an insurance claim and having a new roof installed isn’t something homeowners often do. As experts in the industry, Legacy Exteriors will partner with you every step of the way:
- Choose the right contractor
- Inspect the roof
- Make an insurance claim if roof damages qualify
- Decide on what materials to use
- Install the new roof
Will a permit be needed for the roof replacement?
A permit is not required when replacing a roof. If local municipalities require permits on any additional construction Legacy Exteriors is contracted to do, such as a deck or three seasons room, we will work with local government to comply with those requirements. .
How does the payment process work?
With most contractors, a deposit will be paid before the work begins for the products to be ordered and the remaining amount is paid once the work is complete. If a contractor asks for a larger deposit upfront or for the project to be paid before the work is complete, please see this as a red flag. Legacy Exteriors will work with your insurance company to either be paid directly by them or request payment from the homeowner after they have received funds from their claim. Our goal is to make this as seamless as possible for the homeowner.
Should new shingles be applied over existing ones, or do they need to be removed?
A second layer of shingles will affect the integrity of a roof and its overall lifespan. The shingles are not meant to be layered and the additional weight can cause problems with moisture and lack of ventilation. Legacy Exteriors will tear off your existing shingles, ensure your roof deck does not have any damage, and make any necessary repairs. A new layer of roofing underlayment will be installed which provides an additional layer of protection from rain, snow, hail, and ice followed by your new Owens Corning shingles.